The Roth Law Firm Scholarship
Award Overview: An initial scholarship of $500 will be awarded to a Florida student from Duval or St. Johns County attending a technical, community, or four-year college.
Administration: The award is defined and administered as follows:
a. Title of the award shall be: The Roth Law Scholarship
b. The application window is from March 1 to May 31 of each year. The Roth Law Firm staff will review applications annually and announce the winning recipient in July of each year.
c. Funds will be awarded to assist the recipient with tuition, fees, or instructional learning expenses
d. The intent of the donor is to present at least one $500 scholarship annually.
e. The Scholarship will be awarded to at least one student meeting the following criteria.
The Roth Law Firm may decide to award multiple scholarships in its discretion.
1. Current Florida resident from Duval or St. Johns County. Preference will be given to a “non-traditional” student who has started college later in life or is working a full-time job.
2. Student must have a minimum 3.0 GPA and must have completed 15 credits or more.
3. Student must be currently enrolled full time in a technical, community, or four-year college or university.
4. Copy of the applicant’s college transcript is required with the application. An unofficial copy is acceptable.
5. Letter of recommendation from a College or University Professor or current employer is required with the application.
6. By way of application, please complete a short personal essay answering the following question: “Please tell us about yourself and your future goals.”
Disbursement of the scholarship will be delivered directly to the student.